[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Sat Jul 7 19:58:42 UTC 2007

In the UK we have laws about what can be said during an election period
regarding candidates, and

On Sat, July 7, 2007 20:34, GerardM wrote:
> I have opposed Danny's candidature from the moment he resigned ...
and
> I have consistently argued that it is not a good idea for Danny to stand.
and
>not only should he not stand, he is also the wrong person for the job.

are not things that, imho, should be published on an email list such as
this. You are welcome to your opinion, certainly, but making that opinion
public via a foundation-sponsored / -organised email list is, to my mind,
completely wrong and unfair on not just Danny but also all the other
candidates.

There is no good reason why you should be able to smear one candidate
against the others. All the candidates are - clearly - sincere in their
intentionsm and none of them deserve the treatment you are meting out.

Please desist.

Alison Wheeler