[Foundation-l] free access to the sum of all human knowledge

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sun Jan 14 17:34:56 UTC 2007

>Getting a bit more detailed and realistic, I imagine a website that
>allows its visitors to find information about virtually anything, one
>which allows its visitors to *easily* add knowledge that isn't yet
>assimilated....
>Anthony

Wikipedia does not permit publication of knowledge that isn't yet assimilated. Wikinfo does, but there are several problems. First, very few people are actually capable of generating such knowledge, at least beyond a trivial level, Second, they tend to be both talented and well paid, consequently resistant to doing hard work for free, and third, those who think they can generate such knowledge, generally can't.

I do think Wikipedia should loosen up a bit, especially with regard to popular culture, where there really are no peer reviewed sources. How about it? Nobody does their dissertation on Star Trek insignia, but it is entertaining...

Fred