[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

senpai wikisenpai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 20:19:46 UTC 2007

It's the only way to have some images in the italian articles. We have a lot
of restrictive legislations and we can't use the fair use. For example, we
can go in a museum and take some pictures of a painting but, we can't
publish into wikipedia without the permission of the "sovraintendenza ai
beni culturali"; some days ago the "sovraintendenza ai beni culturali" of
florance have threated us for the photos of some painting and ohter kind of
arts taked into the florence's museums; perhaps will be a problem also for
commons.
This is the situation, we don't want to remove all the images that are into
the databases becous often a picture is essenctial to understand or to
describe a particular concept.

Senpai