[Foundation-l] Fundraising and site notice

Peter van Londen londenp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:43:42 UTC 2007

GerardM and community

I do agree with your view. I also think that lack of funds is a serious
issue and I don't thank the opposition to have achieved not doing more
matching donations this fundraiser.

I do disagree with you that there is no serious alternative. There is and it
is brought up in a separate thread by Teun Spaans (
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/026545.html).
It is a separate project aimed at publishing fanstuff with adds (which is
now part a popular part of every Wikipedia), so that the other projects can
do without adds and we still have money to fund all projects and indeed
expand on some further ideas.

I don't understand that not more persons seem to be willing to judge on this
idea? I don't care if thorough consideration will have a negative outcome,
if there would be enough reason no to have a Fanpedia, but it is an
alternative!! And until know it seems to be discarded. Please think about it
and comment on that idea, it is worth considering. It seems that Wikia is
doing good with this way of funding.

Kind regards
Londenp