[Foundation-l] RfC: Draft licensing policy resolution

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:54:56 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> All the projects that I have heard of implementing this experienced
> BIG, significant drops in  upoads and copyvio uploads. Like, 1/2 as
> many afterwards. That is a big saving in admin maintenance work, even
> if you don't ever want to go to Commons-only. So I strongly recommend
> it.

I hate to see anyone from commons recommending this while we still do
not have a handle on copyright violations on commons.

Our goal should be a reduction in the percentage of uploaded copyright
infringements wikimedia wide, and I've yet to see evidence that
switching things to commons improves the situation.