[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 12:45:54 UTC 2007

Hmmm... Now I see I sent this to wikipedia-l, not foundation-l. Those
interested can read the discussion there. I'm getting as angry as Waerth,
almost...

To put this thing to something that actually belongs on foundation-l: I
would favor repealing the foundation policy that open proxies are blocked.

My reasons are:
* Main reason for the policy is that there is no reason for editing
Wikipedia from a proxy. I disagree, seeing already three;
** Editing on subjects where one could get problems for writing from a
searching POV and/or NPOV
** People who always use a proxy for extra anonymity and have to switch it
off to work on Wikipedia now
** Cases like Waerth who are automatically sent through an anonymous proxy
by their provider
* Large-scale vandalism using many proxies does occur, but is rare enough
that blocking the proxies when they are being used for vandalism is no big
issue.
Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels