[Foundation-l] About transparency

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 14:52:13 UTC 2007

Thank you for the clarifications.

Danny

In a message dated 12/30/2007 9:48:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Anthere9 at yahoo.com writes:

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> I am also curious as to when Florence,  as Chair, was approached by Sue
> regarding Erik's appointment.  Since Sue was effectively removing one of
the  Board
> members  charged with her oversight, it would have behoved her to obtain
>  Florence's approval before approaching Erik.

I was approached 30th of  october. I informed the board the following
day, as it seemed to me  mandatorily that they be informed as soon as
possible, given the potential  risks of conflict of interest.
I was in favor of asking him to resign at  that point, but some perceived
unfair to have him resign with lack of  certainty over visa obtention.

>2. It seems that Erik, as a  Board member helped to review Sue's
>performance
>as a member of  the ED Committee. I can only assume that the idea of
>appointing him  Deputy Director and the mechanics of obtaining him a
>work  visa  had not
>yet begun. Has he since been replaced on that Committee, and on  the
>Committee
>to find a Treasurer for the  Board?

Erik was immediately removed from the ED evaluation  committee by its
chair (Jan-Bart) after I informed the board. Erik has not  yet been
officially replaced on this committee.

I asked Erik to  recuse himself on some resolutions, such as the
Executive Director  one.

Erik went on being chair of the treasurer search committee until  his
resignation from the board. Soon before his resignation, he (not the
committee) submitted a recommandation with regards to the search to the
entire board. Since then, the treasurer search committee is made of only
two people, with the support of Mona. I have made a follow up on the new
candidates just before Christmas. Otherwise, issue is  pending.

Ant