[Foundation-l] About transparency

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 13:35:24 UTC 2007

In a message dated 12/30/2007 8:29:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
erik at wikimedia.org writes:

Indeed,  and as the minutes also record, it was a brief discussion, not
a vote. On  the day after the meeting, Mike Godwin & I sat down and
discussed the  best way to implement such a policy. He recommended that
a policy of this  nature should not be implemented by way of a simple
on-wiki Board  resolution, but through a direct revision of the bylaws
(to make it more  permanent), and I passed this recommendation on to
the Board on October  8.

Thank you. I think this clarifies everything for me. The decision was  deemed
sufficiently important to require a change in the bylaws, and you were  hired
before such a change was implemented.

Danny