[Foundation-l] Moderation and this list

Dmcdevit dmcdevit at cox.net
Fri Dec 21 18:00:56 UTC 2007

Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> Foundation-l, the mailing list nobody can edit for the encyclopedia
> everyone can?

I'm not sure what encyclopedia (or *cough* other Wikimedia project)
you're editing, but all the ones I edit are /more/ moderated than this
and other lists. In fact, I think that's what they gave you and I the
admin buttons for.
> If we're going to get on the topic of censoring mailing lists, we
> should deal with Wiki-en-l first, THEN foundation-l.

I'm sorry, but asking for civility and an end to mean-spirited or
combative behavior is not the same as "censoring." I would expect a
hardened administrator like you to be immune from such irrational leaps
of logic and not create these strawmen. There shouldn't even be a
question here. There is a huge portion of the community that is severely
turned off to this list and other discussions at this level because of
net-negative personalities that are tolerated, and we ought to try to
fix that.

Dominic