[Foundation-l] Moderation and this list

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 00:12:15 UTC 2007

Dmcedvit:

There's a difference between putting people on moderation, and
moderating the entire list. I support the former, no problem. I
wholeheartedly oppose the latter. As for strawmen, I believe the real
strawman is automatically equating moderation to "asking for
civility": they are not the same thing. If we ask for civility and it
is not responded to, we can then moderate individuals. That's only
fair. To shoot first and ask questions later is what people criticize
about "hardened administrators", whatever that means.

-Dan