[Foundation-l] Moderation and this list

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:45:52 UTC 2007

Hoi Dan,
Foundation-l the mailing list about what transcends individual projects of
the Wikimedia Foundation. To start with you are apparently at the wrong
address. There is a specific list for the English language Wikipedia, there
is a list for what brings the Wikipedias together..

Foundation-l is not a refuge for what ails other lists. Now I am not
suggesting that you should be moderated, but I do insist that foundation-l
is not to be associated with encyclopaedias. That is not what this list is
about. By the way there is no need to moderate wiktionary-l .. :)

When you equate "legitimate criticism" with Wikipedia, arbitration cabals,
all people who "criticise" on this list need to appreciate that they are
wrong. Wrong, because this is not what this list is there for.

Thanks,
     GerardM