[Foundation-l] Welcome Sue !

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:52:43 UTC 2007

> Matthew Britton wrote:
> > (1) Does Jimbo *really* have a "trustworthy" list?
> > (2) Am I on it?
> > (3) Where do I apply to get on this super-sekrit "really trustworthy"
> > list? It sounds fun. Will there be tea and biscuits?
>
> Traditionally, we eat Stroopwafels from the Netherlands. :-)
>
> Basically, I think we have here the clearest evidence that Kelly has
> crossed the line from respectable critic into complete troll.  It does
> not matter what I do or say, she interprets it according to her own history.
>
> She draws comparisons to Scientology and tells such obvious lies as
> "...Jimbo has declared me a "suppressive person" and is expecting others
> to act accordingly."

I think she is arguing that in Jimbo speak Troll=suppressive person

> And she is shocked when people question her honesty.
>
> I have done no such thing, nor have I done many other things she accuses
> me of.
>
> She seems perplexed by my request that anyone who thinks it is a good
> idea to send posts to her please contact me to explain it.  For her,
> even this simple request is evidence of cultishness.
>
> Wikimedia runs on a culture of trust, trust that we all have worked very
> hard to earn with each other.  That trust is violated when people who
> are on an internal mailing list start sending posts, not just to a few
> friends, not just a little bit of loose lips... that's not a problem.
> But sending to someone who makes incredibly vicious personal attacks as
> a matter of routine on her blog.
>
> To me, that's pretty remarkable.  And someone must have a pretty
> remarkable reason for doing it.

They want an audience without going public themselves. That pretty
much means Kelly or wikitruth and people are more likely to have
contacts with Kelly from the old days than with wikitruth. If you are
going to leak Kelly thus becomes a logical choice.

> They can assume that I don't care, contrary to many years of long
> evidence, or they can assume that, gee, if you think things are that
> bad, you should just come to me and talk about it.

Or perhaps they think the way to fix things is to make them public
rather than more back channel communication.

Kelly is convenient. No evidence that she is anything more than that.
--
geni