[Foundation-l] Discussions...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:04:17 UTC 2007

On 16/12/2007, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I think the discussion about the former COO of the WMF is now
> definitely dead-locked. The last dozens of posts have not brought any
> additional information and I doubt that anything interesting will come
> out of this anymore, save for the reinterations and repetitions of
> personal opinions, ideas and recommendations. I'm entirely confident
> that the WMF has been following this threat and will take the advice
> offered into consideration for the future.
> This said, people are getting bored of this discussion. There are
> other topics that could be discussed on this list and I think it's
> time to make place for these.
> And, if you really don't know of any alternative debate topics, there
> is always an encyclopedia to write (and a media repository to expand
> and a dictionary and a ... and a ...).
>
> Really.

Firstly, thank you for going public with this request, rather than
continuing to try and stifle discussion in private. I do note,
however, that in the private emails, you threaten moderation, in the
public one it's a nice polite request... clearly you know the threats
were misplaced, or you wouldn't be afraid of making them in public.
Please listen to your conscience in future.

This is a major issue effecting the foundation, and it entirely
appropriate discussion for this list. If people are repeating the same
points, it simply means they aren't satisfied with the responses they
are getting. If people are bored, I recommend they get an email client
that does automatic threading and then simply ignore threads they
aren't interested in.