[Foundation-l] [cc-licenses] Requirements for a strong copyleft license

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Sun Dec 2 17:00:00 UTC 2007

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 06:41:43PM -0800">
> > I would like to kickstart the discussion to get a first for such a
> > license - it could be called CC-BY-SA+ - written as soon as possible.
> > :-)
>
> I don't know why yet another class of license would be needed --
> presumably it could be the next version of CC BY-SA.

Indeed!

I've been frustrated by arguments that I've heard in the last year in
favor of non-commercial use as sort of stand-in for copyleft for
embeddable images. A stronger and more copyleft-focused method would be
a wonderful improvement over that situation. If it's possible. :)

Regard,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto