[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:46:02 UTC 2007

On 16/08/07, Debbie Garside <debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am coming into this discussion rather late and am, as usual, reading
> emails backwards :-) Apologies if my comments have already been covered.
>
> Perhaps it would be an option to allow a number of different ways to donate.

We currently offer Paypal, Moneybookers, and a variety of "real ways"
to give us money. The problem is, you start getting a negative return;
bombard people with too many different donation boxes and they get
confused and give up.

So we need to keep it relatively tight; swapping one in or out is
sensible, but adding three more might be counterproductive. No easy
solutions :-)

The other critical point here is that the "wonderfullness" of any
given financial system is not just a matter of the conditions it
offers or a slightly better margin on overhead - if it only has a tiny
userbase, it's really not much use until that userbase gets bigger.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk