[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Aug 12 19:06:19 UTC 2007

On 8/12/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Ben alerted us to the Amazon payment API. There is another new kid on the
> block; it is the Google checkout system. They provide there system for free
> for the whole of 2007. When we would support Google, the money spend on
> implementing their system would be earned in less fees.

Just a single datapoint, but the one and only time I used Google
checkout the merchant wound up losing my order, Google refused to
refund my money (saying I had to go through the merchant first), and I
wound up having to dispute the charges through my credit card company.

Maybe I'll try them again in a year or two, but not any time soon.

Again, just a single datapoint, feel free to ignore it.