[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:01:45 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Ben alerted us to the Amazon payment API. There is another new kid on the
> block; it is the Google checkout system. They provide there system for free
> for the whole of 2007. When we would support Google, the money spend on
> implementing their system would be earned in less fees.
>
> Also when there is not just Paypal but other systems as well, we can at some
> stage go for the organisation that offers the best conditions. This is only
> possible when we are able to support the providers of all these systems.

Mmm. We should remember, though, that "best conditions" is not simply
a study of how good they are in isolation; a crappy service which has
a lock on two thirds of the market is still pretty much essential
because of that, despite irritatingly high fees.

The bottom line here is getting lots of money in, not just getting it
in in the most elegant way possible :-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk