[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 06:46:47 UTC 2007

2007/4/25, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org>:

> Why is there a need for an office action in this case?  My understand is
> that office actions are for time-sensitive matters that are particularly
> unusual. Deleting copyright violations is a very normal thing that we do
> routinely; there's no need for some sort of Official Intervention to do
> so, and even Normal Wikipedians can request such deletions and have
> their requests honored.

In my opinion an office action necessary to specify that this actually
is not a request but an order. If I ask for a copyright violation to
be deleted, the people from the wiki where I do the request may still
decide that in their opinion it is not one, and let the text or image
stay. Against an office action they would not have such a choice.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels