[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:49:14 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:

> Why is there a need for an office action in this case?  My understand is
> that office actions are for time-sensitive matters that are particularly
> unusual. Deleting copyright violations is a very normal thing that we do
> routinely; there's no need for some sort of Official Intervention to do
> so, and even Normal Wikipedians can request such deletions and have
> their requests honored.

You can be forgiven for your confusion, as there were multiple
postings by  Florence in this thread with only slightly differing
content.

I think the relevant bit is in the fullest of those postings as follows:

"It was a logo, taggued public domain. Request received for a take down.
Legal analysis on it, and recommandation to indeed remove the logo."

Note take down request is not normal routine. It does need consulting
legal eagles and acting without haste.