[Foundation-l] Adminship tools on Commons

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 18:02:00 UTC 2007

We are not denying or accepting the fact that you deserve, could use, or
will be trusted with the tools.  We are denying the fact that you are
entitled to them and that you should discuss this with Wikimedia.  Sysop
powers are something that is given based on *local-community* trust.  If you
have hardly edited on that site, then you will not be given sysopship
because of a lack of trust in you.  Temporary adminship is only granted on
wikis that have *no local community*.

The only remote people who are capable of sysoping you on Commons are
stewards (and developers), but it is against the Steward policies to sysop
someone without community consensus when there is a local request page (and
devs would just tell you to ask the stewards).

I am sorry, but the only place that you can appeal the decision is Commons
itself, as we have told you many times.

Cbrown1023