[Foundation-l] models for adminship/wiki leadership

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:42:55 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Delphine, I did set up such a page a while ago, for a comparison of
> > "welcoming" procedures I conducted.
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cross-project_comparisons
>
> Tsk tsk. I did mention that I thought this should be on local
> projects. Make this local. make this fun. Make this entertaining!

Sorry, you are right that I didn't read your proposal properly.

> "You have three weeks to make sure this page is the most comprehensive
> page of all the projects. Here are the questions, we need your
> answers.". Make it translation of the week, interwiki of the week,
> best practices of the week, collaboration of the week!

That would be a very good way of collating information. But I
personally don't have the time right now to commit to such a project.
So I do the much simpler ask-the-mailing-list. But I will file this
idea away for the future if no one else takes it up. ;)

> > I would just like some people to share some experiences and ideas they
> > have from   other wikis, since the only two I know well are English
> > Wikipedia and Commons.
>
> Yep, I understand. Start with making sure you don't revert to
> acronyms. Frankly, I only learned what RfA was not so long ago
> myself... ;-)

My bad! :) Terribly sorry.

cheers
Brianna