[Foundation-l] models for adminship/wiki leadership

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:19:43 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Delphine, I did set up such a page a while ago, for a comparison of
> "welcoming" procedures I conducted.
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cross-project_comparisons

Tsk tsk. I did mention that I thought this should be on local
projects. Make this local. make this fun. Make this entertaining!

"You have three weeks to make sure this page is the most comprehensive
page of all the projects. Here are the questions, we need your
answers.". Make it translation of the week, interwiki of the week,
best practices of the week, collaboration of the week!

> I also detest wiki pages for discussions (rather than collections of
> facts or links); IMO they are really not suited to the task.
>
> But in general my feeling is that pages on Meta mostly die sad,
> lonely, dusty deaths, and are not spontaneously updated by users from
> 250 projects as we would like to imagine. :)

Meta, unfortunately, is not a good place for this, it's too "meta" for
something so "local". Meta however, should be the place where one wil
conduct the comparison.

> I would just like some people to share some experiences and ideas they
> have from   other wikis, since the only two I know well are English
> Wikipedia and Commons.

Yep, I understand. Start with making sure you don't revert to
acronyms. Frankly, I only learned what RfA was not so long ago
myself... ;-)

Delphine

--
~notafish