[Foundation-l] elections

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:13:57 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When the candidates are offered a platform, it is for them to make use of
it. When the platform allows for a certain amount of content that will be
translated, this is what is on offer. When the format includes a fixed set
of questions, that is what is on offer.

When you make it "rules" it means that the candidates are bound by this
format. The reason for this format is practical from the organisational
point of view. I do not see a reason why people cannot do more over and
above what is on offer to them. If the argument is that this will benefit
the English speaking candidates, I agree. This is not a bad thing when you
consider that the lingua franca of our organisation is English.

One other reason why I would like an imaginative campaign is because we need
imaginative people in our board.

Thanks,
    GerardM