[Foundation-l] elections

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:31:44 UTC 2007

Note that a short statement doesnt exclude a longer statement. I think
it would be very good too if there would be a set of standard
questions asked to every candidate, and answered upon. But that kind
of stuff is finally up to the community to ask. What we are discussing
here is the set of rules. I think it is a very good thing to ask the
candidates to summerize shortly their ideas, and 50 or 100 words are
not a bad idea for such a summery. It might actually say a lot about a
candidate, as (s)he would have to characterize him/herself, and could
lift out the points (s)he finds the most important.

It is of course possible that candidates have besides that a longer
statement, but that should not be on the election page, but maybe on
some seperate page. I can imagine that that should be hosted on meta,
maybe somewhere central with for every candidate a page being set up
so it would be easy to find.

On the part of election officials, I think it is a good idea to ask
organizations such as debian to help us. I think it would mean a good
deal for trustworthy however, if multiple outside parties would be
involved. I would very much appreciate the thoughts of the advisory
boardmembers on this, as they have a broader scope here.

I could imagine a comittee of for instance five people, from different
organizations, with one or two wikimedians in it, who know their way
in the wikimedia communities for stuff like sitenotice etc.

Greetings, Lodewijk