[Foundation-l] Proposed overhaul of Meta

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:25:01 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I withdraw my entire proposal except the whole improving Meta:Index thing,
> since I'd rather be banned than see it not improved. (Also, it doesn't seem
> to be very active.) The naming is another issue, as I hadn't thought of the
> whole implications of English names. (Incidentally, "Meta", "pub", "Babel",
> and "Babylon" are all English words.) We could probably figure something
> out.

At the present time the page that most needs renaming is Spam
blacklist (the header also needs modifying) . Having a page that
directly accuses people of spamming creates potential legal issues.
Renaming to something like "unwanted domains" would solve this
although that is a programing issue

> Also, I do not endorse the attacks on Meta by David Gerard. I expect at
> least some level of maturity from people who claim Foundation-wide titles.

No secret that parts of the en community have problems with meta

--
geni