[Foundation-l] Proposed overhaul of Meta

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:05:44 UTC 2007

>> Also, I do not endorse the attacks on Meta by David Gerard. I expect at
>> least some level of maturity from people who claim Foundation-wide titles.
>
> No secret that parts of the en community have problems with meta

That's sort of like saying that parts of the en community have problems
with en.  Of course it happens, and since it is part of your own
community, you have agency to do something about it -- by working
with others to reach a reasonable consensus about what's broken, and
fixing it.

I do wish people who have problems with meta -- which is a shared
resource for all projects and languages -- would come and partake
politely in discussions there, without pushing too hard for the
way things are done on their home wikis are the only sensible way.
Then we (in the global sense)( might more frequently be able to learn
from the brainstorms of individual projects, rather than discovering
one or two in sudden amazement.

SJ