[Foundation-l] Language Review Committee

Arbeo M arbeo.wiki at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:00:47 UTC 2007

2007/4/5, Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com:
Suffice to say, from discussions I have had with people who had
_formerly_ *approved* Wikipedias, they cannot understand why they are
required to do this, many of them don't know what exactly it is that
is required of them, and they are confused. It should be the
responsibility of the LAnguage Committee, not of me, to explain to
them what is happening here and give them a tutorial on how to edit
the messages file and give them help dealing with the problems like
the ones Fulup encountered.

We need to be amicable and try to make this process easier for these
people, not make it some sort of obstacle course.

That sums it up pretty well. In a nutshell, the whole question is:

Which is the lesser evil - having a Wikipedia with a few, temporary
imperfections or not having a Wikipedia at all? Though one, isn't it?

--Arbeo