[Foundation-l] Language Review Committee

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 15:35:36 UTC 2007

--- Arbeo M <arbeo.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Which is the lesser evil - having a Wikipedia with a
> few, temporary
> imperfections or not having a Wikipedia at all?
> Though one, isn't it?

Or more neutrally:

Which is the lesser evil - A) having a Wikipedia with
a few, temporary problems or B) restricting a
community to creating content in the Incubator until
the few, temporary problems are solved?

And honestly the answer depends on what temporary
turns out to be. I would ask everyone how long of time
is acceptable to try and solve these problems with the
oversight and help of LangCom before cutting the
Incubator apron strings and expecting the new
community to work the answers out on their own?   It
is obvious from the this thread that many people think
that taking five months to solve such problems tips
the scale towards A being the lesser evil.  But what
about 3 months or 1 month, which is the lesser evil at
those points?  What are the benchmarks that we need to
look for to evaluate which is the lesser evil?

I think it obvious that people of both different
opinions care about these new communities and believe
their position is the best one for the benefit of the
new wikis.  However the attempts to shut down or show
up those that one disagrees with does nothing further
a solution or bring new insight to the problem that we
all understand to exist.

Birgitte SB