[Foundation-l] Language Review Committee

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:03:00 UTC 2007

Also, I'm wondering if you might not have an underlying hidden reason
for this message; it seems to be a veiled attack on my involvement
with the Navajo Wikipedia.

1) The Wikipedia existed already before I did anything; it was just 100% empty.
2) I figured that minimal, poorly-written content made the place more
inviting than 0 content.
3) As far as I can tell, my Navajo proficiency is still greater than
your own, and you have yet to produce any tangible results re:nv.wp,
despite your assertion that you and I are no longer the only people
working there - a look at Special:Recentchanges reveals that the only
recent edits have been vandalism, bot edits, and my reversion of
vandalism.
4) I would never had requested a Navajo Wikipedia if I had had the
opportunity, precisely for the reasons you have outlined. Last year, I
took 2 semesters of the O'odham language taught by Sharon Selestewa
and Gary "Juḏum" Frederick. I have not requested a Wikipedia in that
language, nor do I plan to, although I think such a site would be
wonderful.
5) Your indirect labelling of American indigenous languages as
"obscure" shows how much of an activist of language use and
reclamation you are...

Mark

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.