[Foundation-l] Language Review Committee

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:47:02 UTC 2007

> The requirement that people starting new Wiki's actually BE NATIVE
> SPEAKERS OF THE LANGUAGE AS A
> FIRST OR SECOND LANGUAGE AND ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO SPEAK OR WRITE IT

Nobody disputes this. I don't think anyone arguing here actually has
their own project proposal. All of the projects under discussion: the
Kabyle Wiki, the Latgalian Wiki, the Saterlandic Wiki, et al., are all
supported and proposed by native speakers of these languages.

> that a MEDIAWIKI
> MESSAGES FILE be created is very reasonable and a great barrier to entry

It is this requirement that is currently disputed.

Also, please don't use so many caps, it is considered to be the
internet equivalent of "yelling" and is totally unnecessary.

Mark

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.