[Foundation-l] [Wikisource-l] A successful request not yet fulfilled

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:00:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

We have not usurped anything. Users may continue using the
oldwikisource process and petitioning developers to create wikis.
Developers have shown a disinclination to do this, which is
understandable, but that is their free choice and not an order by the
subcommittee.

The processes should eventually be merged when the subcommittee
process has been streamlined, but the key word is "merged". The old
and new will be combined to keep the best of each; for example, we
might continue using oldwikisource while throwing out the votes.

I don't see the old request process as being very successful, however.
The Old English Wikisource is being requested for closure (with near
unanimity) months after it was requested into existence. That wiki was
created despite the continued hosting of Old English content on the
English Wikisource, with no ready community, and with no test project.
Since then there has been no community and no content development. Not
really a smashing success.

* Closure request:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_closing_projects/Closure_of_Old_English_Wikisource

Yours cordially,