[Foundation-l] RfC: Key priorities for my work

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 16:47:01 UTC 2006

- Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  > Ensure the tech committee have the authority to buy necessary hardware.
>
> Since Brad has arrived, this is working pretty well. The biggest
> priority is now to ensure that we have the financial means.
>
> Fundraising drive, anyone ?

The FundCom is still being set up. We have already had two meetings and will soon have a third. So
far we are still going over organizational and procedural issues. But before we have a fundraiser
we should have a budget but at least need a report on the current financial situation so we can
create a fundraising plan that will meet and exceed our revenue needs.

A budget will be passed at the retreat, no? How about a financial report? Who is working on this
stuff now that I'm no longer CFO? It was my understanding that a staff person was hired to do
this. If not, then the responsibility reverts to the board.

-- mav