[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Oct 10 18:50:50 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote:

>Significant donors probably have other things to to with their time than
>edit; they have a life.  Nevertheless they believe in Wikipedia, and
>would like to help in the only way that they can by making donations.

I don't disagree that we should welcome donations from uninvolved people
who want to financially support us, and provide financial transparency
to convince them their money is being well-used, but I hope you're not
suggesting that only people who have nothing better to do with their
time and no life edit Wikipedia.  There are plenty of professionals and
academics here who really could (maybe even *should*) be doing other
things, but for various reasons choose to spend some time editing.

-Mark