[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

James Redmond jim at scrubnugget.com
Tue Oct 10 03:16:02 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Ray Saintonge wrote:
> It would be nice if proper financial reports were made available befor
> the start of another round of fundraising.  We owe it to potential
> donors to let them know that we believe in fiscal responsibility.

Under US law, the Foundation is required to provide copies of its
three most recent 990s* to anyone who requests them.  It should be
trivial to post them in PDF format on the Foundation site as
other .orgs have done.

A summary of audit findings may not be a bad idea either, but there
is no obligation to post those.

*"990" is the number of the form used by non-profit organizations to
report their revenue and expenses to the US Internal Revenue Service,
the federal tax agency.  (My new project: clean up the relevant en:
article.)

Jim Redmond
jim at scrubnugget.com