[Foundation-l] ChapCom activity report

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 13:43:28 UTC 2006

Łukasz Garczewski wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I am pleased to present you all with a report on the activities of the
> Wikimedia Foundation's Chapters committee.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_committee/Reports/2006-11-18
>
> This document gives an overview of what ChapCom has been doing for the
> past two months or so.
>
> If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here, on the
> reports talk page or by posting to ChapCom's mailing list.
>
> You can find the address of the list as well as some basic info on
> ChapCom on Meta under:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_committee

Thanks Lukasz.

Very up to the point.

A quick addition in terms of timeline.
*requirements for future chapters and
*generic chapter agreement
have already been defined.

"The requirements" have been decided during the board retreat and are in
the hands of the chapcom, and are expected to be delivered to the board
in a few days.

The "chapter agreement" has been entirely described on our internal wiki
since the board retreat, and is in its final stage of review.

Both documents should be stamp-approved during the next board meeting,
on the 29-30 of november. So, this is a very short term decision.

Guidelines for future chapters are likely to be another short term step,
with a prospective of being done in the next 3 months.

The last step could be a generic agreement for commercial use of
Wikimedia Foundation trademarks (for example, production and sale of
DVDs). This is probably not to be expected before at least spring 2007,
if not later, as it first require to get our trademarks straight and
second should cover a variety of situations we have to identify.
Meanwhile, agreements for commercial use of logo will proceed case by
case. We'll try to be as responsive as possible (ahum).

Florence