[Foundation-l] wikicouncil

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 16:05:33 UTC 2006

I write this email with much hesitation.
The issue has been raised often, the possible creation of a council.
Naturally, setting up such a structure is bound to be difficult, due to
the following issues to discuss and decide
* what would be the roles of such a council ?
* would that council vote the people to become Wikimedia Foundation
board members ?
* would this council become a sort of goverment of the project ?
* how would people be added to this council (and along with which rules,
depending on project size, languages etc...)
* ...

In short, a nest of questions.

The issue has been raised many times already.
If there are people interested in setting up a proposal, please just
tell me. I am not talking of "discussion" here, I am talking of "writing
down a proposal". On which the board could have a look. On which the
community could comment and then vote.

Anyway, if interested, jsut tell me and we can organise a little chat
and a page about that. If noone interested, time will see :-)

Ant