[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta (fwd)

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:51:00 UTC 2006

Whoops, sent from the wrong address.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, David Gerard wrote:

> legally affiliated with the Foundation. I note that Aurevilly just
> blanked his en: Wikipedia user page, coinciding with expressing his
> contempt for en:wp openly. Just the thing for a Foundation person to
> show their high regard for cross project issues.

David, this comment is totally out of line.

Villy has nothing to do with the metaproject thread.  Blanking one's user
page, while a pity, happens all the time.  And he is one of the last
people I would expect to be disrespectful to another wiki project.

If you're talking about a conversation I was part of (and I'm guessing
you are), Villy did *not* express contempt for en:wp (though you
misunderstood him at first), and he clarified what he meant respectfully.

If you want to discuss that further, this really isn't the way to do it.

SJ