[Foundation-l] "Chinese Wikimania 2006 to be held in Hong Kong"

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:27:43 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, KJ <kaurjmeb at gmail.com> wrote:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:2006%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E7%B6%AD%E5%9F%BA%E5%B9%B4%E6%9C%83

> 我預計會去參加波士頓的國際維基媒體大會,非常期待與大家見面,希望大家能給中文維基年會更多建議。謝謝。
>
> PS:If you cann't read this latter very well.....that is one of the reasons
> why Chinese Wikipedians need a Chinese Wikipedian's Conference.
>

> --
> KaurJmeb(KJ)
> 中文維基百科:http://zh.wikipedia.org
> KJ在中文維基百科的日子:http://www.wretch.cc/blog/kaurjmeb
> 大家一起來玩吧~

Just for the record. I'm French, I live in Germany, and I write here
in English. So language problems are not exactly something I am a
stranger to.

I am sorry if my email came across wrongly. I *am* in favour of a
Wikimedia Conference in China, as well as the existence of a local
chapter if anyone wants to launch one. I just wish that we could do
this *together*.

And yes, I am *damn* aware of the problems Chinese people may
encounter entering the United States. I am just concerned that knowing
they have a conference three weeks later, they won't bug *us* (the
FOundation) enough to make things change and allow them to participate
*also* in Boston.

Cheers,

Delphine

--