[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Mathieu Amo solensean at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 04:53:28 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To remove the bias of large language groups or large projects and to
> make elections a less painful system, we might also rely on a system of
> "grand electeurs" (each language/project nominate a couple of people to
> vote in their name). The "grand electeurs " group being more likely to
> elect people based on their participation on Foundation issues, rather
> than purely on their fame.

I really like this idea, but it will be a tricky work to write down a
policy for this kind of elections. This sounds a lot like the US
Electoral College (that's where it's come from, I guess), but I think
it will give us everything we need : the possibilty for the
communities to really express themselves, and the assurance that the
electors will have a good knowledge of the Foundation and its works.
However, this would mean more wiki-politics. And nobody likes that.

Solensean.

--
He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was
mad. And that was all his patrimony.

Wikipédia, l'encyclopédie libre.
http://fr.wikipedia.org