[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sun Jun 4 23:59:27 UTC 2006

After much pondering I decided not to press my point any further for now.
All I had to say about trust versus control has been said. Some parts of the
argument were supported by other contributors or even acknowledged by
members of the board, other parts did not quite come across. We will have to
see how things develop.

I want to state more firmly what I already hinted to in my previous post:
that I mistook Antheres words and was plainly wrong about their meaning.
Anthere, your conduct was proof enough, but thanks for your explanation.

Just one more thing: I would like to emphasize that for me Wikimedia is not
only about our goals but also very much about how we reach them. The way in
which we collaborate is what makes us special. The spirit of openess,
freedom of speech, equality and tolerance, which transcends national,
cultural, religious and political boundaries and which already made us move
mountains, is our message to the world. Discussing the implications of
organisational choices seems to me therefore highly relevant and legitimate.
After some doubt in the middle of the argument I now realize again that we
all agree on that part. Thank you for that.

Erik Zachte