[Foundation-l] Re: Copyright complaints

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 00:56:59 UTC 2006

Kim Bruning wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 12:12:53PM -0800, Michael Snow wrote:
>

>>For copyright infringements where we have an actual complaint by an
>>affected party, (...)
>>

>The problem is where there is no such complaint as yet, or where
>people incorrectly claim "fair use" in an attempt to escape
>deletion.

If there is no such complaint, what's the urgency that requires you to
unilaterally delete things? Unless you wish to argue, as some people
have about the regular deletion process, that it regularly reaches
incorrect results, I'm not sure why it's so important to short-circuit
the normal procedures for removing copyrighted material that isn't
properly licensed.

--Michael Snow