[Foundation-l] Re: Copyright complaints

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 12 01:02:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 04:56:59PM -0800, Michael Snow wrote:
> Kim Bruning wrote:
>
> If there is no such complaint, what's the urgency that requires you to
> unilaterally delete things? Unless you wish to argue, as some people
> have about the regular deletion process, that it regularly reaches
> incorrect results, I'm not sure why it's so important to short-circuit
> the normal procedures for removing copyrighted material that isn't
> properly licensed.

That's an interesting question. I suppose if that's the case, we really
should take things a bit slower. However, it is the case that sometimes
for instance images for deletion does not delete images that are not
correctly fair use. It also happens that userpages use "fair use" images.

I'm not sure what should be done about those. I don't do deletions myself
anymore, so I'm a fairly neutral party just watching the shells fly both ways.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72