[Foundation-l] Re: [Juriwiki-l] Re: Copyright complaints

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Sun Feb 12 16:56:24 UTC 2006

David Newton wrote:

>We also have a serious problem with "fair use" at Wikisource
>where people are posting copyvios and then claiming "fair use".
>Personally I'm in favour of banning "fair use" contributions to
>Wikisource given that Wikisource reproduces the whole of a work.

I have seen a slight increase in the use of "fair use" to justify
copyright violations on Wikibooks as well.  I think this is mainly
people who want to simply copy text from elsewhere on the internet and
then use "fair use" as justification for why they have it.

As far as Wikisource banning fair use documents, I think that is a
pretty good idea.  I'm sorry I missed that discussion on the Scriptorium.

--
Robert Scott Horning