[Foundation-l] communications committee

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 03:03:10 UTC 2006

--- Elisabeth Bauer <elian at djini.de> wrote:
> Working tools:
> * an internal press wiki (enotif enabled) and a mailing list will be
> used to coordinate the work of the communications committee. The mailing
> list and the wiki will be open to all people doing PR on an
> international or project level.
> * the press queues in otrs
> * the press release distribution and archive software on wikimedia.de

A separate list I can understand (I plan to have one for finance). But why is there a need for a
separate Wiki? We already have InternalWiki whose editors must be approved of by the board not
only to edit but to even view pages. Do we now not trust all board members, officers and the board
members of chapters? If so, then we are in serious trouble.

A separate wiki for press and PR is a very bad idea since other parts of the organization will
also need to periodically be involved in press/PR issues. At the very least they need to be
informed of what is going on so they don't get blindsided. Other times their input will be needed.
All that can and should be done in one centralized place, InternalWiki.

Anything uber secret should only be handled by the board and they already have their own wiki.

-- mav