[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 10:49:21 UTC 2006

At the end of the day, users could choose to not see the sitenotice if
they have JavaScript enabled, and possibly through their skin.js file
too? The Foundation needs money to keep the whole shebang up, and
yesterday was just one way. Company makes donation, Foundation thanks
them through sitenotice. Simple, neutrality was never affected.

On 12/29/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 12/29/06, rfrangi at libero.it <rfrangi at libero.it> wrote:
> > For the next fundriasing WMF says: "to run our projects we need to
> > raise X$ in the next two weeks." Without doublings, ads, and stuff.
>
> That would be giving too much credit to the small number of people
> complaining about the 50x24 logo now. We actually have no idea if the
> community at large likes or dislikes the current fundraising strategy
> of the Foundation, and if they would prefer or disapprove of the model
> you suggest. If we want to make the community happy, we should ask
> them what they want to do.
> --
> Peace & Love,
> Erik
>
> DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of
> the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.

Gary Kirk