[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Thu Dec 28 11:20:32 UTC 2006

The agreements have been signed and the Wikimedia Foundation must oblige
to their terms.

Should a similar operation be carried out in a future, I'd seriously
reconsider the presence of the logo (certainly the feature the
donor/advertiser most wants).

The logo is more visual and intrusive - that's what it's designed for -
and conveys the idea of a partnership with Wikimedia that can seriously
influence the neutrality of the content. The risk of such an influence
is what is setting up many users - no matter how loud we scream that
Wikimedia projects won't be affected. They will anyway be, either by the
self-censorship or by the over-criticism of the editors.

Finally a personal bitter note: as a steward I feel like an
"apparatchik" who is bringing down the directives from the top.
It's not a role I like. I already do that somewhere else for living, but
it's something I'm regularly paid for.

Bye all,
G. (aka Paginazero)