[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 28 11:37:21 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> The logo is a big dot with Virgin Inside: no matter if there is a big
> "Unite" under it, it publicize Virgin.

A "big" dot? Are we looking at the same image? The dot of the logo is
barely large enough to cover the "Uni" of "Unite".

> First of all, textual identification is less intrusive.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

> Second of all: marketing works with logos. There's a reason why a logo
> is so important for the life of a company.

I agree, but we're hardly strengthening the Virgin logo. The Virgin
Unite logo is barely known. In any case, we'll see what we can do with
regard to logo exposure in future agreements.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik