[Foundation-l] To all non latin wikis please start blocking latin wiki accounts

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 01:13:21 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/nonalphausers/blocked

> I am strongly opposed to blocking people who are
> using their real
> name, and I've argued this in multiple places on the
> wiki.. But as far
> as I can tell such block are not a frequent
> occurrence compared to the
> number of blocks of 'cute' or vandal names.
>
> Instead of blocking users which names which are
> difficult for people
> people who speak other languages, I think we should
> accommodate them
> and improve our software to help us deal with them.
> ... but that we
> should still block names which are difficult to
> recognize and
> difficult to type for all people... and continue to
> discourage locally
> difficult names until the software has been
> improved.
> ____________________________

Here are 10 people who were blocked that I can tell
from there contributions are likely using a native
font and not just being cute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D7%93%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%90%D7%9C_%D7%91%D7%9B%D7%9E%D7%98

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%A1%D9%84%DB%8C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D7%A8%D7%A0%D7%93%D7%95%D7%9D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D0%A1%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%86

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%C4%8Cerven%C3%BD_kohoutek

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D9%88%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E3%81%93%E3%81%84%E3%81%A4%E3%81%85

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E3%81%A8%E3%82%93%E3%81%A1%E3%82%83%E3%82%93

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E3%81%B5%E3%81%86%E3%81%91

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E3%82%8F%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BE%E3%81%BE%E5%B0%8F%E7%9A%87%E5%B8%9D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E3%82%A6%E3%83%83%E3%81%A7%E3%82%84%E3%82%93%E3%81%99%E9%AB%98%E6%A9%8B

Here are 10 people blocked on sight before they were
able to make a contribution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%CE%93%CF%81%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%82

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%94_%D7%9B%D7%94%D7%9F

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%AC%DA%AF%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%AD%D8%B4%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B4%D8%AD%D8%B9%D9%82

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%87

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D9%81_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%D9%87%D9%85%D8%B3_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%B1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E0%B0%B5%E0%B0%B8%E0%B1%81

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E1%93%82%E1%93%AA%E1%93%9A%E1%93%B1%E1%91%A6%E1%91%8E%E1%90%B9

I hope this will stop people from claiming that
accusations of blocks are unsubstantiated.  Obvouisly
the blocks have been going on for some time.  Both
blocks of editors who have a history of good edits and
shoot on-sight blocks.  If anyone still believes that
claims of blocks of non-latin editors are largely
false, please tell me exactly what you need to see to
consider my claims substantiated.  I will concede that
the blocks are not a regular en.WP process if you can
show me 20 non-latin usernames that have not been
blocked and have 3 edits between Sept and Nov.  If
there are such non-latin editors active this means it
is just a few en.WP admins making these blocks and not
the status quo of en.WP.

Birgitte SB
Birgitte SB