[Foundation-l] Community project?

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 06:18:00 UTC 2006

On 12/6/06, Christophe Henner <christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heuuu I do think there was a misunderstanding :)
>
> I'm not speaking of translation in here (for the
> project/comitee/whatever the name), in fact we would need the help of
> translator, but the main goals are to centralize idea, solutions to
> recurrent problem, listing tools (translate it when needed), etc...
> not translation at all...
>
> Actually, the closer commitee to this project should be the
> "Communication Commitee" on some goal. The closer project would be
> [[:Communitas]], but it's a born-dead one. Then what do we have to
> centralize tools and bots and solutions? We have a huge community,
> plenty of people who has many ideas and... we all stay in our project,
> not trying to work all together. Sorry but in a such project you
> should have somewhere to coordinate a little. Some gave me the answers
> "there is meta:" Ha yeah? Is it? So where? and then no answer. It
> seems that people are "nearly" reluctant to try stuff...
>
> In this way, I'll be bold. I know some spanish guys liked the idea, so
> I'm gonna do it by myself on a personnal subpage :). If it's the only
> way to have it :)
> --
> schiste

Interesting, as in spanish wikipedia is where I?ve seen most people
reluctant (yet not opposed) to work on meta. Some (admins) even said
they're distrustful of foundation related stuff, and I've also been
told by several regular users that, I should stop being so active on
other wikis if I wanted to be considered a vaued contributor :P

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's a residual from the
Enciclopedia libre fork mindset.

So.. are speaking of the same es: ?