[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 15:44:30 UTC 2006

--- Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/12/5, Puppy <puppy at killerchihuahua.com>:
> >
> > From what I read below, we are in agreement - yet
> many women feel it
> > would be beneficial to have somewhere to discuss
> bias where they do not
> > have to worry about immediately being attacked for
> even bringing up the
> > bias issue. That is not, as yet, here.
> >

> I don't see any indication that people get attacked
> for bringing up the
> issue. I don't see much attacking going on, although
> the discussion isn't as
> civil as it should be either - from both sides. But
> if you see everyone who
> has doubts about the extent of sexism in Wikipedia
> as attacking you for
> bringing it forward, you are indeed too
> thin-skinned. Why not see those as
> requests for information instead?
>
> You know what's attacking? Attacking is what I did
> to my furniture about an
> hour ago :-(
>
> --
> Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
> ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

A person says they are worried about being attacked
for bringing up an issue and the response is that
don't know what it means to be "attacked".  That only
physical attacks count.  That "worring about being
attacked" (i.e. feeling intimidated) means she is
"thin-skined".  Seriously fuck off.

Birgitte SB